September 11, 2006

The road to hell...

...It is paved with the intention to volunteer at the Boston KnitOut. I was hoping to staff the info booth, or maybe to set up chairs or something. You know, meet some nice knitters, see lots of lovely works-in-progress, etc. Instead, I've been assigned to TEACH KNITTING. Like someone WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING.

I suppose I have taught a bunch of my friends to knit, but in my own special obscenity-laden way. e.g., I'm not sure how to explain casting on other than "now, spread its little legs and poke your needle into its crotch."

I don't know if that's what the nice folks at the KnitOut had in mind.

This also means I have to have a reasonably interesting work-in-progress to show off to my fellow knitters. The pressure's on!

No comments: