October 22, 2006

Walking the walk

I know I can talk the talk. But there's been a whole lot of talking on this blog recently and not a whole lot of knitting. Today, I finally, finally got some knitting done.

There were a lot of other things I should have done today. I should have worked. I should have done a bunch of reading for school. I should have been doing laundry. But none of those things would have been as much fun as this was. This being one fingerless glove from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts.

Wristwarmer

The coolest part is that it's basically all 2x2 ribbing. There's some wackiness involved in making the thumb hole, but mostly you just scootch the ribbing repeat over by one every four rows. And it makes little spirals! Brilliant!

And, here's the most amazing part: I didn't hate knitting the 2x2 ribbing.

In fact, it was pure glee from start to finish. I actually can't wait to get started on the second one!

1 comment:

Risa said...

Brilliant. Love it!! I have that book; I wonder why I don't have a pair of those yet...