September 16, 2007

And just to keep it interesting

...I did a wee Knitpicks order. And am now the proud owner of these:

Goodies2

They're worth a closer look...

Goodies9

The needles are the new Harmony wood DPNs from Knitpicks. As for the yarn. Uh, well, I know there's a yarn diet and all, but this is dyeable yarn THAT TURNS INTO TWEED. My willpower is only so strong.

Plus, this blogger gave me the Kool-aid dyers equivalent of a king's ransom when she offered up 20 packets of the rare lemon-lime Kool-aid at knitting group a few weeks ago. When I got the loot, she even tucked in an excerpt from the Onion titled "Kool-Aid, Hi-C Make Backroom Deal To Destroy Tang." This is now posted in a place of honor directly over Blogging Central. Funny, funny stuff.

So are you thinking what I'm thinking? How awesome would lime green TWEED SOCKS be, knit up on my pretty new needles?

As for other upcoming knits, there are two intriguing sock patterns in the new Knitty, Back to Basics and Cinderella, both of which offer different sock constructions than I've seen before. Ever since Kristy started knitting socks from Cat Bordhi's new book , I've been interested in doing socks differently.

Of course, "interested" doesn't always translate into "actually knitting something" (witness my Ravelry queue), but next month is Socktoberfest after all.

What better time to try something new, sockwise?

2 comments:

Kristy said...

How do you like knitting with the new DPNs? They're very pretty!

Green TWEED socks sound awesome! And the new architectures are a lot of fun. It looks like "Back to Basics" is actually modeled after one of Cat's new ones, too!

Jenny said...

OH MY GOD YOU GOT LEMON-LIME!!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! I can't find that ANYWHERE!

Um, so hey. I'll trade ya... ;)

Meanwhile, WHAT?! THE NEW KNITTY?!!? UNDER EXACTLY WHICH SAND DUNE IS MY HEAD BURIED?!? GAAAAAHHHH!