October 8, 2007

There's always a bright side

So I'm in Iowa for work. My suitcase, however, is not. The fine people at American Airlines customer service do not know where it is, nor when I can reasonably expect them to find it.

I'm trying to view this as an adventure - like camping, but with a flush toilet and toilet paper. And a fully stocked 24 hour "convenience mart" in the lobby, where I can likely procure such necessities as a toothbrush and deodorant.

As well as all my work clothes and personal hygiene necessities, my suitcase also contains my laptop power cord, so blogging and commenting may be even spottier than usual to conserve laptop power for the actual working.

The upside? I have made all kinds of good sock knitting progress.

Thank goodness I carried all the knitting in my purse...

8 comments:

Karen said...

Oh no!!!! I hope they find your suitcase soon. I'm impressed by your good attitude . . . and thank goodness you had your knitting with you. Things could get ugly if they lost your sock too!!

Macoco said...

Yikes! I hope you get your suitcase soon.

Kristy said...

That sucks! I'm so glad you have your knitting, though. That could have been disastrous.

Anonymous said...

Yuck, that really stinks. I hope they find it soon.

I want to thank you again for the lovely yarn that I won in your contest. I feel badly that I only made it to Athans the one time to pick up the yarn. I hope to see you again soon.

Good luck with the luggage.uvhdno

Jenny said...

Wow that sucks! So, you go see your clients in travel wear? Crizazy! Did they at least give you a little travel kit or some kind of reimbursement for the fact that you're going to have to go buy a new toothbrush? Not like you'll never use the toothbrush, but still.

Dude, I thought of you. I found FIVE PACKETS of Lemon Lime the other day! STOKED!

SEE YOU SOOOOOON!!!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

That's what you get for going to Iowa.

Sarah said...

Wow, this makes my business trip seem like a breeze.

In Iowa with no clothes, I think I had a nightmare that started off like that.....

Deb said...

How awful. I hope you find a wonderful little shop with beautiful, perfectly fitting clothes and shockingly low prices, and then I hope they call with your suitcase. I know. It's Iowa, but I'm still hoping.