October 14, 2007

Recipe

On one gorgeous island...

MV3

...Combine:

One gang of smart, lovely, hilarious, and talented knitters...

MV6

MV4

[Aside: the Craft Pirate is no less smart, lovely, talented and hilarious - I just managed to go an entire weekend without taking a single picture of her - though I assure you she was there, and awesome.]

A shocking amount of yarn...

A ball winder and swift for winding up all that yarn...

MVYarn1

[Aside: I'm pretty sure I know what my next big purchase will be, because DAMN is that ballwinder/swift combo some sweeeeeeeet shit]

Combine all ingredients for 2 days, at roughly 50-65 degrees, with plenty of sunshine and salt air...

MV13

Yield: one perfect, relaxing, inspiring, and all-around-wonderful weekend.

You might even end up with a finished object...

MVFO7

Or two...

MVFO5

Warning: side effects may include overeating, staying up ridiculously late, laughing so hard your stomach hurts, staying in your PJs all day, walking through a pitch black seven-acre corn maze without a flashlight, and starting to have fantasies about quitting your job, moving to Martha's Vineyard and raising sheep, whose fiber you will process, spin and knit in a ramshackle weathered shingle-covered gingerbread house surrounded by knotty salt-seared oaks.

Also, those particularly sensitive to bucolic fantasies may also begin to wonder if a wee spotted pig with bristly ears and a sweet, snuffly little piggy snout would technically violate their apartment building's firm "No Pets" policy.

Livestock isn't exactly a pet, right??

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done!

Kristy said...

Wow, it sounds like a fabulous time!

Karen said...

Sounds like you couldn't have found a better way to spend a couple of days. :)

Anonymous said...

I am jealous! Although having a Sox, Sox, Pats weekend was pretty wonderful, it was no relaxing island knitfest.....

Jenny said...

The very picture of wistful romantic loveliness, I am... So feminine... so dainty...

I was sad to leave you gals early, but I had a fabulous time. Can't wait to do it again!

Macoco said...

I had such a great time too! I demand more pictures of me next time. :P

Siercia said...

Wow, that looks like a wonderful weekend!

Quirkles said...

Yay Martha's Vineyard! Let's repeat this again soon!

Olga said...

Thanks for your comment...and for the translation! He certainly does look like he loves his codpiece.

What a fun weekend! and two finished pairs of socks? I'm very jealous.